Monday, January 2, 2012

My weight loss journey

I am almost embarrassed to post this photo.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I AM embarrassed to post this photo, but I will swallow my pride and post it anyway. (And the sad part is this is not even at my heaviest.  I had already lost about 30 lbs. here)

I was at my heaviest weight when I discovered I was pregnant with Emma.  Most everyone knows the story of my sky rocketing blood pressure and how zija helped lower it considerably during pregnancy.  Zija also helped keep my gestational diabetes in check.  It not only kept it in check, it just about reversed it.  By the time Emma arrived, Paul and I were big zija fans.  I could hardly wait to get on the weight management system, seeing how well it worked for Paul.

And it worked just as well for me.  From the time of Emma's birth (July) to November, I lost 50 pounds without much effort on my part.  Literally.  I took the zija products, which resulted in decreased cravings and smaller appetite.  I did not exercise and I did not eat any special foods.  The weight just fell off.

From about December to June, I did not lose anything.  I did not try to lose anything, although I was still taking the Zija, I was not working with it.  For some reason I was not motivated to do anything related to weight loss, other than the zija, and it showed on the scale.  I didn't gain anything back, yet I didn't lose anything either.

I knew I needed to start exercising, so Paul and I joined the wellness center at the beginning of July.  It was torture at first, but the zija xm+ helped so much with energy.  It didn't take long to begin enjoying going to the gym and it didn't take long to see results, both on the scale and in my stamina.

From July to December, I lost 50 more pounds, totaling 100 pounds total.  I still can't believe I've lost that much.  I follow no special diets and I can eat anything.  I have found that my tastes are changing and I want healthier choices, and less of them.

I started this weight loss journey with only one requirement:  I was not going to do anything that I could not maintain longterm.  I have been on several diets, only to lose the weight, go off the diet and put the weight (and then some) back on.  Some people can do it; I cannot.  I do not want to be on or off; I want it to be my life.

Zija is amazing.  It has given me increased energy and decreased cravings.  I feel healthy. I feel great.  I walk/run a 5K just about every day, along with 2 or 3 exercise classes a week.  I can keep up with my little children without getting breathless. For Christmas, I bought Paul and I tennis rackets and balls so we can play tennis because we both enjoy being active.  What a difference.

I still have a ways to go, but that's ok.  I've had such a great start, thanks to God and His amazing grace and the amazing moringa tree from which zija comes.  I find it very satisfying that it is something that God made that has helped so many people, not anything synthetic and man made.  How awesome is that? 

For more info on zija, check out http://drdz777.myzijastory.com.

No comments: